Peer Editing Worksheet
Your Name: Name
Title of Paper:
1. Did the paper satisfy the expectations raised in its
title? Why or why not?
2. In your own words, state what you think to be the thesis of
the paper in one or two sentences.
3. Was this thesis expressed clearly in the paper itself? Is
there any information that contradicts the thesis?
4. Comment on the papers prose (style, grammar, sentence construction,
5. What qualities did you like best about the paper?
6. What is the single most important aspect of the paper that the
author should work on before handing it in?
Specific Comments on Structure of Paper:
Does the introduction give the reader "clues" about the subject of the
essay? Why or why not?
BODY OF PAPER
Do the transitions (both between sentences and between paragraphs) help
to connect ideas? If not, what other structural changes could the
writer make? Would other transitional devices be more appropriate?
Are there sections of the paper that are better written than
others? If so, do you think these sections are better focused, with the
ideas more completely defined? How can the writer bring the rest of the
essay up to this level?
Is the conclusion a conclusion or a mere summary? Does the
conclusion refer to the introduction, helping to round out the essay?