Jonathan B. Martin
University of Florida
Department of Geology
PO Box 112120
Gainesville, Fl 32611-2120
Phone (352) 392-6219
FAX (352) 392-9294
- Fluid chemistry and hydrogeology at convergent and transform
- Physical and chemical hydrogeology of karst aquifers.
- Record of paleohydrological systems contained in diagenetic
- Submarine Ground Water Discharge
Graduate Student Support Available (PhD
National Science Foundation
funded-IGERT (Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship)
- We have been awarded a five-year grant from the NSF to support
PhD studies in "Water, Wetlands, and Watersheds".
- The Goal of the program is: to change graduate education by
developing an interdisciplinary doctoral program that stresses
integration of engineering, biophysical (including geology), and social
sciences through cutting edge, field-based teching and research.
- The academic program includes large amount of international field
work (Botswana, Brazil, Mexico, and Australia), as well as training at
UF and S. Florida.
- The research program will depend on the interest of the student.
- Please contact me (phone or email) for additional information
about the program.
For consideration for an IGERT fellowship, application is required by